Tell me about a time when you………
- Worked effectively under pressure.
- Handled a difficult situation with a co-worker.
- Were creative in solving a problem.
- Missed an obvious solution to a problem.
- Were unable to complete a project on time.
- Persuaded team members to do thing your way.
- Wrote a report that was well received.
- Anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.
- Had to make an important decision with limited facts.
- Were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- Had to adapt to a difficult situation.
- Were tolerant of an opinion that was different from yours.
- Were disappointed in your behavior.
- Used your political savvy to push a program through that you really believed in.
- Had to deal with irate customer.
- Delegated a project effectively.
- Surmounted a major obstacle.
- Set your sights too high (or low).
- Prioritized the elements of complicated project.
- Got bogged down in the details of a project.
- Lost (or won) an important contract.
- Made a bad decision.
- Had to fire a friend.
- Hired (or fired) the wrong person.
- Turned down a good job.
You need to prepared a response for all of these. Hopefully they all tie back to just a few examples so that you can narrow the “stories”. Be specific and to the point, do not ramble.
Want to prepare more, check out my eBooks: Click Here